Do you want a Career in the South African Cycling Maintenance and Repair Industry and/or the opportunity to work Overseas?
Torq Zone Academy offers, exclusively in South Africa, the UK based and internationally recognised Cytech technical training for bicycle technicians.
The achievement of the Cytech technical certification stands the recipient in good stead to gain sustainable employment in the cycling maintenance and repair sector both in South Africa and abroad.
Grade 12 school leavers who participate in the Gauteng and North West Spur High School MTB Series, and have aspirations of becoming bicycle technicians, now qualify for a scholarship sponsored by Torq Zone Academy in partnership with Ride Magazine.
Application and selection process:
- Completed application forms, accessible here ( .docx / .pdf ), need to be submitted via email (email@example.com) by 29th of July 2016.
- A short list of candidates will be selected from the applications received.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in August 2016 where aptitude testing will be completed.
- From this group deserving candidates will be selected for full and partial scholarships
- Candidates selected for scholarships will be announced on 17th of September 2016.
- Following completion of the training deserving learners will be offered apprenticeships within cycle workshops.Scholarship terms & conditions:
- Applicants must be in Grade 12 and participants in the Gauteng and North West Spur High School MTB Series.
- Candidates will be selected on merit for wanting a career as a bicycle technician.
- Scholarships are for the Cytech technical one and two courses.
- The courses must be completed before 30th of June 2017.
- The minimum requirement to commence with the training is a National Senior Certificate, or a cognate qualification.
- A minimum of 50 applicants must be received.For more info forward an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the TorqZone Academy website for further information